Wednesday 20 April 2011

OUTFIT | #19

Let's be honest here, growing out your hair is the pits. It's laborious, takes a lot of patience and you don't always looks good in the process. My hair is finally reaching a stage where I can comfortably call it 'long' after nearly 2 years of growing it. I'm finally in the home stretch, where the length I want it to be is in sight, if I can only hang on another few months.

I consider myself a pretty patient person but sometimes, I do just want to hack it all off. My current style that can only be described as 'unruly mop'; it's definitely not something you would rush to your hairdresser and ask for.

So while I bide my time, willing my hair to grow so I can finally (finally!) do something fun with it, I've taken to trying to style it in different ways, to distract myself from this unending waiting game. I'll be the first to admit, however, that I am really pretty crap at styling my hair, or anyone else's for that matter. I just don't think I'm dexterous enough, probably due to too many years of endless typing.

 
t-shirt: Forever 21, skirt: River Island, hair band: ASDA

Which is where hair bands come in. Head band, alice band, whatever you want to call them. They really are your best friend when you have no other option (apart from that strange headache they give you after a few hours) plus you can pretend you're Blair Waldorf, without the penthouse and designer clothes.


This particular hair band makes me feel about 5 years old rather than an Upper East Side socialite, but I still like it. Plus if you're inclined to wear mostly neutrals and greys, like me, then it can bring a little colour into your outfit. Or just stave off another bad hair day.

1 comment:

  1. I really like the way you write. It is very dry and droll. regarding your hair--just hang in there. I have a good hair blog post at my blog, I put up a couple days ago. at http://www.danielleceleste.me. come see it

    ReplyDelete