Wednesday 25 April 2012

HAIR | Rookie Two-Minute Beehive


Unless you've been living under a rock, you've no doubt seen the Rookie Two-Minute Beehive tutorial blowing up on blogs everywhere. Everyone and their mum is talking about how easy and amazing it is and looking generally gorgeous doing it. So, naturally, I wanted to join in. 

I had everything you need to achieve the look: long, greasy hair and a ton of bobby pins (or hair pins/kirby grips, whatever you call them). Despite suiting all the criteria, I could not get it to work. Admittedly, I am terrible with hair. The extent of my abilities are curling it with straighteners occasionally and a messy bun. Maybe I'm just not dextrous enough, who knows. After two days of attempts (I waited an extra day for my hair to get even dirtier. TMI?) and I still looked like Yubaba from Spirited Away had stuck her fingers in a socket with every attempt. 

I'm super stubborn though and tried it with a fringe instead. Tavi has a blunt fringe (or bangs, whatever) in the tutorial so maybe that was where I was going wrong? Bingo! More like 5 minutes, at least 50 hair pins later and I had my smug self a beehive.

Long story short: The two-minute beehive is totally achievable, even for totally cackhanded people like myself. But it's not really that easy and probably takes more than five minutes if you have really thick hair with no fringe. 

2 comments:

  1. Man, maybe I have been living under a rock. Might be for the best since I'm useless with hair and apparently have the exact wrong kind for this. You look great--this style really suits you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't get over how awesome this looks on you.

    ReplyDelete