Thursday 10 May 2012

NAILS | Geometric

nails: Barry M - Mint Green, American Apparel - L'Esprit

I have a lot of nail polish. Some might say too much. Is 100 bottles too much? Possibly. I do use it all though, which makes it all okay. What I do not have, however, is nice nails. They're very weak, they peel and if I try and grow them, they snap. Also, I think long nails are kind of unhygienic and creepy because all kinds of crap could be lurking under them. Gross. So I keep mine short. It may not be as aesthetically pleasing, but it's the best I can do.

Most of the time, I stick to one solid colour for my nails. Perhaps the odd coat of glitter if I'm feeling especially fancy. I don't really go in for nail art. I don't have the patience plus I am of the opinion that it tends to only look good far away. Up close it's a total Monet. (Clueless references, anyone?) This is about as close as I'll probably ever get to nail art. So I thought I'd share, before it chips and I'm back to one-colour-only.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE this! i attempted this once and my nails got all smudged, though i did use sellotape as a template so er....

    i don't wear nail polish enough to justify 100 bottles! but you wouldn't be the only one with such a collection, and whatever makes you happy right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did use sellotape actually! I just had to wait around quite a while for the first coat to fully dry before I used it which was a bit of a pain.

      Delete