Friday 31 August 2012

OUTFIT | #75


blouse: Urban Outfitters; skirt: H&M; flats: Primark; watch: Swatch; bracelet: ? Who knows

Excuse the wrinkly shirt. I'm still settling into my new place so a lot of my clothes are still scrunched up in piles. It's an ongoing process. I figured this was black though so who cares? You can barely tell. And all those other lies you tell yourself when you're still bleary eyed in the morning and thinking about climbing back into bed. I wasn't sure if this was a tad funereal for mid-August but I've already noticed the nights drawing in so why not embrace the impending autumn? I keep romanticising about wearing layers again and snuggling up under blankets, while conveniently forgetting how much I hate when it gets dark by 5 o'clock in the evening.

The shoes are a new addition to my wardrobe/stash/whatever. After my birthday night out, I stayed at a hotel with friends and realised I'd only brought my going out heels. My confidence is improving but daytime heels are still miles out of my comfort zone so I had to borrow a pair of flats from a friend, with much smaller feet, and dash over to Primark for emergency shoes. These were a total bargain at £6 and had a cute grandfatherly look I couldn't resist. Plus they're some kind of faux velvet stuff and I'm a sucker for velvet. It just feels so nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment