Friday 17 August 2012

RECENT PURCHASE | New (Old) Watch


I wear a watch every day. Yes, I still check the time on my phone more often than not but I feel weird and naked without a watch. This Swatch used to be one of my favourites. I got it while on holiday in Rome a few years ago. Back then, it was all grey and I wore it everywhere. Cut to a year later and I'm on holiday (again) in the south of France and somewhere in between the many hours I spent in the water in Nice's pebbled beaches and various train journeys to swanky Cote D'Azur cities, I broke the damn strap. 

The watch went into a drawer that I'd open occasionally and think 'Crap, I should really get that fixed' and then I'd forget about it again. I finally remembered to go to a Swatch store and see about fixing it while I was in the US. There I was informed that Swatch don't make replacement straps in all the colours they offer their watches in (Who knew?). So my watch was reincarnated into what my sister refers to as a 'hospital wrist-tag'. Personally, I like the grey and transparent look. Mostly I'm just glad to have my watch finally fixed. Expect to see it in basically every outfit I wear from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment