Sunday 19 August 2012

OUTFIT | #71

top: Forever 21; necklace, shorts: Topshop; watch: Swatch; loafers: Urban Outfitters

I know some people make a big deal out of wearing multiple patterns (Is it a trend? Can you tell I don't follow these things?) but so much of what I own is patterned anyway that it's unavoidable for me. These are what I like to refer to as my John Hughes shorts because they're that high-waisted, slightly 'unflattering' (Which doesn't bother me. Sometimes I just want to wear what I want to wear and not worry about 'dressing for my shape' or any of that business) style that you'll find every female actress wearing in Brat Pack films. The pattern tends to photograph as an odd blur of white and black but trust me, they're covered in tiny polka dots. 

I'm moving into my new student digs this weekend and also starting a new job. I've never done the whole 9-5 thing before so it could prove interesting. I will also be without internet for the foreseeable future, as I'm still working that through with my new housemates. I'm trying not to think about what I'm going to do while I'm waiting for it to be installed. Read a lot, I guess?

1 comment:

  1. I love those shorts! I wish I could pull off wearing two patterns at once but I just can't.
    Good luck with your job, I hope it's going well. It will look really good on your CV! :) x

    ReplyDelete