Friday 19 October 2012

OUTFIT | #87


jumper, skirt: H&M; boots: Clarks; lipstick: Revlon 'Really Red'; necklace: River Island

This is the yellow jumper I talked about in a recent post. Isn't she a beaut? It felt kind of good to wear something bright and obnoxious for a change. Plus it stands out nicely against my regular uniform of blacks and greys. I read somewhere once that yellow is a colour that you like less as you get older. I'm picky about what shades of it I like, leaning toward to the mustard over the canary, but I'm still a fan of the odd yellow garment from time to time. 

I had all kinds of potential titles lined up for this post. I know some bloggers like to use song lyrics and calling it 'Black and Yellow' did cross my mind but I figured that would be seriously uncool. My music taste definitely isn't hip enough to go around posting lines from songs I like on here (I'm still loving the Biebs new album, what can I say). There's also the obvious comparison to bumblebees but there are only two things I really hate in this world and that's people who walk too slowly and bumblebees (or wasps, I hate them equally) so that was quickly vetoed. 

2 comments:

  1. That jumper is SUCH a beaut! Haha I feel the same about the whole lyric thing. I don't think Vengaboys would be appreciated.

    Robyn Mayday
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was gonna get that jumper, but I'm always scared yellow will clash with my hair ):< You do not have that problem though, totally working it ^__^

    ReplyDelete