Thursday 22 November 2012

DAYS OUT | Dinner at Wahaca

On Tuesday I was in London for the day with a friend. We'd gone to see the Shakespeare: Staging the World exhibition at the British Museum (which was fantastic, and I'd make an effort to recommend it to you all but it's closing on November 25th so that would be a bit pointless) but, of course, when in London you have to eat all the food. Which we did.

The place I was most excited to go to was Wahaca. I'd first heard about it on Tania Tell's blog a while ago and since then it seems to have gained a lot of buzz. I love Mexican food so I was desperate to try it out, despite hearing it was nigh on impossible to get a table without queueing for ages. Apparently half five on a Monday night is the time to go though because we waltzed right in and were seated straight away. Amazing. Now, I'm not claiming to be some kind of food blogger, by any means, but I do really bloody love to eat so I couldn't not share how great this place was with you guys.




We decided to try out the whole 'Mexican tapas' concept and ordered a few dishes, as well as a cheeky drink each. You're allowed to drink tequila after 5pm, right? I got a Hibiscus Margarita (delish, by the by) and my friend ordered a Paloma, which was something with lime juice in. It seemed pretty good. The food came super quick. As in, we ordered and less than 5 minutes later, the first plate was brought out. I can't remember exactly what we ordered and I tucked in too quickly to take pictures of most dishes (see, told you I'm no food blogger) but it was all really, really delicious. I remember that much. It's incredibly messy though, especially the tostadas. I think I got more sour cream on my skirt than anywhere else.. 


We polished off every last bit and I'm already dying to go back. Just looking at these pictures is making me salivate a little bit. It was definitely the best Mexican food I've ever eaten in the UK. Top notch stuff, would eat again, and hopefully 'again' is soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment