Saturday 29 December 2012

LIPSTICK | Favourite Vampy Lipsticks

l-r: Revlon Colorburst 'Plum', Topshop Lipstick 'Inhibition', Kate Moss for Rimmel '#04', MAC 'Rebel'

Tonight, Matthew...I'm masquerading as a beauty blogger. Look at me, taking swatch pictures and posting my weird-looking fist all over the internet. Who am I? I had wanted to do more outfit posts while I was home for winter break but I keep accidentally waking up at 1pm and my room is super dark by the time 2pm rolls around so it just hasn't worked too well. (Apart from when I can rope family members into taking pictures of me in the back garden. ~Life of a blogger.) So let's have a lipstick post instead. I've bought so much of it lately, it seems appropriate.

This winter I have officially become the owner of more vampy lipsticks than any one person can ever need. They are my weakness. You know I love a bold lip. Phrases like 'wearable colour' or 'my-lips-but-better nude' do not enter my lipstick buying vocabulary. Recently I've been all about the dark, scary ass purple vampy shades. Bring 'em on. I want them all. My sister thinks I have a problem but look, they're all different! As long as I'm not buying identical shades, I'm good.

Yes, Revlon Colorburst in 'Plum' and Topshop's 'Inhibition' may look somewhat similar. They're probably the closest match to each other that I own. But they are different. The Revlon is probably more red than purple, and definitely has a sheerer finish. I prefer to blot it on a bit since it can look a bit glossy for my taste straight out of the tube. They're all beautiful colours though. I've basically worn no other shades all month.

1 comment:

  1. I use the Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Plum. It's a glossy lipstick and not as dark as I'd like it to be, but still really great.

    ReplyDelete