Thursday 13 June 2013

OUTFIT | #137

dress, necklace: Topshop; jacket: H&M; shoes: Converse; watch: Casio

I've probably said this a thousand times (Sorry, I do tend to repeat myself. It's a bad habit.) but I find it really difficult to wear dresses in new, interesting ways. It's not like with separates where you can mix and match and layer, especially in the summer. If it's warm, I can't exactly stick a sweater over all my dresses but I get so bored of just wearing the same old dress, the same old way. It gets a bit dull and repetitive. I think it's why I prefer skirts these days.

That said, I really like this dress so I've been wearing it a lot lately. I've posted about how comfy it is before. Today I went for lunch with a friend and stuck a denim jacket over it, since it was warm but a little bit windy. (Side note: flowy skirt + windy day = many narrowly avoided Marilyn Monroe knicker-flashing moments.) Also, I sent most of my shoes home last week so I've been living in my Converse or ballerina flats, in lieu of the perfect summer sandals I can't afford this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment