Monday 16 September 2013

SKINCARE | My Current Routine


I'd never really considered making a skincare post on here before. My skincare routine is agonisingly simple and I'm no dermatologist or even a particularly avid skincare person. I tend to stick to a product if it works for me, and never switch from it. Recently though, a friend asked if I wouldn't mind sharing the extent of my routine in a blog post so I figured I'd oblige. It's very short and sweet, but it works for me.

MY SKIN TYPE
I feel I should first start by saying I have never had bad skin. I've never suffered from acne, only the occasional stress related or hormonal break out. My skin is very sensitive and dry, so I'm wary of trying new products in case I react badly to them. This means I rarely try new skincare products and just try to keep it simple and stick to what I know works. 

DRINK WATER
This is basically my biggest skincare tip. Anyone who knows me knows I drink ridiculous amounts of water every day. I rarely drink juice, squash, or fizzy drinks. I basically only drink water, and buckets of the stuff. I keep a water bottle with me constantly and am always refilling it. I know some people struggle to get into the habit of drinking water but I've always drunk tons of it and I think this really contributes to keeping my skin so clear.

WITCH HAZEL
I use this every night on a cotton pad, and some mornings if I remember, to take off my face make-up (I never use it around my eyes, I use a separate eye make-up remover for that area) and to tone my skin. This is a product I've used religiously ever since I was 13 years old. I've had bad experiences with cleansers and other toners in the past and this has never caused a problem for me. I would like to try an alcohol free witch hazel to compare how that works, but otherwise I never stray from this step.

LA ROCHE-POSAY EFFACLAR DUO
This is a newer product I only started using a few months ago. It's a serum that claims to 'correct and unclog' skin. I apply it to my t-zone (which is the only area I ever break out) after I've toned with witch hazel and I like it a lot. It keeps the few break outs I used to experience at bay, and reduces the appearance of any blackheads I may have. I've also heard from several others, with very different skin types to mine, that this product works fantastically on their skin too.

SOAP & GLORY FEEL GOOD FACTOR SPF 25
I began using this as my daily facial moisturiser at the start of summer because I needed a moisturiser with an SPF in it. It's the best facial moisturiser I've tried yet because it's never broken me out or irritated my skin. In the summer my skin is less dry, so I'll be interested to see how well this works in the colder months when I have incredibly dry, flakey skin.

BIO-OIL
This is a product with a few purposes for me. I use it on stretch marks, and on my face at night. It's incredibly moisturising and always leaves my skin looking amazing, almost glowing, the next day. I find it also lessens the appearance of any discolouration of the skin and actually helps with break outs, instead of making them worse. I use this less often in the summer, when my skin is less dry, but in the winter I'll apply one to two drops of Bio-Oil to my face every night and sometimes a drop in the mornings too.

No comments:

Post a Comment