Saturday 30 November 2013

OUTFIT | #177

cardigan: H&M; top: Primark; skirt, boots: Topshop; watch: Casio

I'm not really buying much for myself currently because I'm in the throes of Christmas shopping for everyone else in my life. However, I did amble through Primark the other day and spot this black velvet crop top for £6. I've always been intrigued by velvet but never owned anyway, so it seemed like a good place to start. Plus it feels amazing. While wearing it, the temptation to constantly touch the fabric was pretty overwhelming so I sat rubbing my arms a lot. A little weird? Maybe. But it just feels so cool.

I'm just a big fan of textures in general, I think. Wearing all black a lot of the time can get a bit samey, obviously. Textures are a really simple way to break it up and make things look more interesting. I decided not to stop at just velvet and threw on my fluffy cardigan too. The fluffy knitwear look is something I'm also keen to dive into. Once all this Christmas shopping is out of the way, you bet I'm getting my hands on some ridiculously fuzzy new jumpers.

2 comments: