Tuesday 7 January 2014

HAIR | The Chop


If you follow me on Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, or basically any social media outlet, you'll have already seen that I chopped my hair off. It's been a long time coming. I'm a firm believer in drastic hair changes. Change is good, if a little scary. Embrace it. Whenever I feel like I'm entering a new 'phase' of my life, corny as that sounds, I do something to my hair. When I was 17 and first identifying as a feminist, I cut it into a short pixie cut. In my first year of uni, I dyed it red. Now I'm six months away from graduating and no longer being an undergrad. Shit's getting real and my hair made me feel like I was still a teenager, not a woman in her early twenties. 

I always knew in the back of my head that, when I was tired of the long, mermaid hair, my next hair cut would be a long bob. I had one a few years back, when I was growing out the aforementioned pixie cut, and loved it. My hair's super thick and my natural curl and volume was really getting dragged down by all the weight of that long, heavy hair. It had to go. I love my new 'do. If you've never drastically changed your hair or cut it all off, I'd highly recommend it. It's super liberating, and you'll save a bomb in shampoo and conditioner. 

1 comment:

  1. Cute new cut! I'm considering a shorter hair style for 2014, and this has definitely swayed me to go ahead with it! -x-

    ReplyDelete