Thursday 6 February 2014

LIPSTICK | MAC Lipstick Collection

Lipstick is probably among my greatest 'passions', along with gin and John Hughes movies. It's become a staple part of my 'look' and it's a rare day I go without out. My motto with lipstick is, as I've said many times before, go bold or go home. I don't really do nudes or muted colours. One of my favourite lipstick brands is, of course, MAC. I bought my first MAC lipstick when I was 16 and my collection has steadily grown. This is by no means a completed collection though; there are a plethora of other shades I'm still coveting.

l-r: Craving, Rebel, Diva

CRAVING: I got Craving because Rachel Whitehurst, of YouTube fame, said it was one of her staples. It's about as close to an everyday neutral as I get. One I wear on more muted days.

REBEL: Rebel is possibly my favourite lipstick of all time, second only to the classic red. It's a beautiful reddish purple and looks different on everyone, which is part of its charm.

DIVA: The perfect dark vampy red. The Matte formula can be unforgiving if you suffer from dry lips but it's worth investing in some lip scrub so you can sport this shade.

l-r: Candy Yum-Yum, Impassioned, Up The Amp

CANDY YUM-YUM: The inimitable Candy Yum-Yum is stark neon matte pink and I love it. Pro tip: When hungover/feeling under the weather, I slap on some of this to make myself look more alive.

IMPASSIONED: Impassioned suits everyone. As with Rebel, it also tends to look a little bit different on everyone too. I love this one in the summer. A beautiful watermelon pink.

UP THE AMP: I wanted MAC Heroine, but it's limited edition, so this was as close as I could get. I love a purple lip; it's still bold but a nice change from a traditional red. 

l-r: Taupe, Costa Chic, Lollipop Loving

TAUPE: I was watching a lot of Twin Peaks when I bought this. I love that 90s pinky-brown lip, muted eye make-up look. Again, another tricky matte formula but more forgiving than Diva.

COSTA CHIC: This is another colour I love for summer but I have a love-hate relationship with the frost finish. On the one hand, it feels super 80s and a little tacky. On the other hand, is that actually a bad thing?

LOLLIPOP LOVING: The first MAC lipstick I ever bought. I almost never wear it. It was limited edition and has a bizarre green sheen to it. Far too nude for my tastes now, but I bring it out occasionally.

3 comments:

  1. Those are all pretty. I haven't worn lipstick a lot in the past, but it always makes me feel put together. I might need to save up for some of these. I really like Mac's formula. I have Ruby Woo and LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lipstick but I hate having to reapply it every time I eat or drink something so I tend not to wear it very often. Are MAC lipsticks pretty long-lasting?

    Thanks!

    -Leah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find the MAC formula very long-wearing. Obviously having to reapply lipstick is a hazard of wearing it but if you wear a lipliner especially it will last longer.

      Delete