Sunday 9 February 2014

WHAT'S IN MY BAG | Fjallraven Kanken


My Fjallraven Kanken backpack is one of the best purchases I made last year. I decided that in my final year of university it was time to get serious and ditch the silly, flimsy bags I'd used to carry my shit around for the past 2 years. I'm 21, damn it, and it was high time I got myself a big girl backpack. The Kanken is super sturdy and durable. I take this thing with me everywhere and throw all manner of stuff in it and it never gives me backache. If you're considering getting a Kanken, I couldn't recommend it anymore highly.


A day's typical contents in my Kanken:
-iPhone 4, complete with adorable Gemma Correll case
-ridiculous holographic River Island purse
-iPad mini
-pencil case
-Cath Kidston make-up bag
-notebook
-Moleskine planner
-water bottle


I got this absurdly bright and holographic purse in River Island. Every time I pull it out someone compliments me on it. After years of plain black or brown purses, I decided to opt for a fun option. My new Gemma Correll cat-print phone case from Iconemesis is probably my favourite thing in my bag currently. How did I not own a phone case covered in cats before this? Plus Gemma Correll is a Norwich-based artist so I quite like carrying a little bit of local artwork around with me.


I don't carry tons around in my everyday make-up bag. Just the standard lipbalm, concealer for necessary touch-ups, and some emergency hand sanitiser. I'll usually throw whatever lipstick I'm wearing on a given day in there too but otherwise I keep it pretty minimal. 

2 comments: