Sunday 13 April 2014

RECENT FAVOURITES | April 2014


It's been quite some time since my last Recent Favourites post. Not because I haven't been really enjoying anything of late, probably quite the opposite. I've been playing with the products I use a bit more recently and trying out new things. I don't like to announce I love something until I've really given it a proper trial. It's all well and good to say you think something's fantastic the first few times you use it, but I think the real test of whether you really like something is if you continue to use it for a sustained period of time. These few products are some that I really have stuck to and enjoyed lately.

SCHWARZKOPF GOT2B BEACH MATT TEXTURISING SALT SPRAY
Since I cut my hair shorter, I've been trying to play with it a bit more. Short hair is so much less hassle and a lot more versatile, I've discovered. One product I love and always use is this sea salt spray. It adds a bit of texture and helps my curls stay in place longer. I spray it liberally on wet hair after applying my serums and then scrunch for a while to create nice bouncy curls. A spritz on limp third day hair helps revive it too.

SOAP & GLORY LOVE AT FIRST BLUSH
I've always been more of a matte blush fan, preferring to apply highlighter over the top if I want a bit of luminosity. However I love the colour of this blush and the natural sheen it gives. Highlighter can sometimes look a bit over the top in the day time while this gives a lovely colour and glow without being too much. It's fairly sheer so you can choose between really building it up or using it with a lighter hand for a subtle highlight over another blush.

REVLON NEARLY NAKED FOUNDATION SPF 20
Foundation was never something I wore daily until recently. I have good skin, thank you genetics, and have never suffered from acne but I am prone to redness in patches. Also, while I'm not old by any means, I'm nearly 22 now and I do have discoloured patches from the odd former blemish. This foundation provides very light coverage, which is all I need, but evens out my skintone nicely without making me look too matte. I have very dry skin and this has a slightly dewy finish that I really enjoy.

STILA STAY ALL DAY LIQUID LIPSTICK IN 'BESO'
A friend gave me this lipstick after she got it as a sample and didn't like the colour on her. The colour is a beautiful striking, matte red and quickly became one of my favourite reds in my collection. I'd never tried a liquid lipstick before but this goes on like a lipgloss with doe-foot applicator and then dries to a matte, long-wearing finish. I can eat my lunch and go for hours without this budging or feeling drying. It's a fantastic product for anyone on the go, I really want to try some other colours in this line now.

No comments:

Post a Comment