Tuesday 20 May 2014

RECENT PURCHASES | Blogger Inspired


I'm an avid watcher of YouTube beauty videos and one of my favourite people to watch is Anna, of Vivianna Does Make Up. I really enjoy her style and her make up is typically very on point. As are a lot of her recommendations. Recently she recommended two products that caught my fancy so I picked them up in Boots the other day. They are the Garnier Miracle Skin Cream and the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet liquid lipstick - I picked mine up in the shade 'Hot Pepper'.




I was in the market for a new tinted moisturiser, as my current one is running out. The Garnier Miracle Skin Cream is primarily a moisturiser, from what I gather, with a slight tint to it. I prefer a light coverage on my skin, especially when it's hot, so I thought I'd give this a go. I've used it a handful of times. It comes out of the tube white and turns a beige colour when rubbed into the skin. It is slightly too dark for me currently, but will be perfect in the summer months when I have more colour. My only real qualm with it so far is that it doesn't contain an SPF which, considering this product claims to be anti-ageing, seems a bit of an oversight to me, and that it is only available in one shade that is definitely not universal.


As for the Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet, I hands down love it. It's a truly great product. Cheaper than my beloved Stila liquid lipstick, but with a similar, albeit slightly less opaque, effect. It stays on the lips well, is a beautiful colour, and is super affordable too. I want to try one of the more pink shades next I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment