Tuesday 27 May 2014

SKINCARE | Smooth Summer Skin


One of the compliments I most commonly receive in real life is that I have very smooth skin. In the past, I've struggled with very dry, flakey skin but recently, I've made looking after my skin more of a priority. No one likes the tight, uncomfortable feeling of dry skin, especially in the warm summer months. These are the products I consistently use every time I bathe to ensure that my skin feels soft and smooth. 

SOAP & GLORY CLEAN ON ME SHOWER GEL
I've mentioned my love of this product on the blog before. Since discovering this shower gel, I've never deviated from it. It smells fantastic and the creamy formula has a built-in body lotion, to ensure that my skin doesn't feel stripped of its natural oils after showering. Plus it helps keep any pesky keratosis pilaris away (a.k.a. the sore red bumps so many of us get on the backs of our upper arms).

SOAP & GLORY THE BREAKFAST SCRUB
I tend to use this product predominantly on my legs before shaving. I don't shave my legs daily, mostly because I'm not overly bothered about having smooth-shaven legs 24/7. A little bit of stubble never hurt anyone. (Although I'm not confident enough to work the no-shave look.) When I do, I rub a small amount of this into my skin to remove any dead skin and help prevent painful ingrown hairs.

THE BODY SHOP BODY BUTTER
Immediately after I get out of the shower, I moisturise my entire body using this body butter. I have no particular scent preferences; they're all incredible. In the summer I favour fruity scents, like clementine or papaya, while in the winter I lean towards brazil nut or the super moisturising shea butter formula. No other body moisturiser seems to work quite so well though and I always come back to The Body Shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment