Wednesday 25 June 2014

SHOES | Birkenstock Sandals

Birkenstock Arizona

The other day my mum came up to visit me and take me out for lunch. During the course of the day, we did some shopping and she asked me if I had thought about what I wanted for an early graduation present. Every summer I struggle to find sandals I like and I've liked Birkenstocks for several years now. They've always been on my wish list. So I told her and now I'm the lucky owner of a pair of Birkenstock Arizona sandals. In black, naturally.

Now, I know Birkenstocks aren't to everyone's taste. They're kind of the Marmite of footwear. But I really like them. Are they particularly gorgeous? No. And I like that. If you've been following me for a while now, you'll know about my penchant for the somewhat ugly. Lately I've been trying to adopt a 'Fuck Flattering' motto and dress however I feel comfortable and my Birkenstocks are definitely among the comfiest sandals I've owned. I've worn them with shorts, jeans, and dresses and I like them with everything. When I'm back from travelling, I'll make sure to take some pictures to show you how I wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment