Wednesday 9 July 2014

OUTFIT | #225

top, socks: Topshop; skirt: American Apparel; sandals: River Island; watch: Casio

I just got back from a long weekend in Berlin. While that sentence makes me sound like a bit of a wanker who jets off to Europe all the time, sadly this was the last of my summer excursions for a while. I start working 9-5 on Monday. This last jaunt to Berlin did not disappoint, however. I'll have a post up with some pictures of what I got up to soon enough. My feet are still sore from all the walking but Berlin is one of my absolute favourite cities. I was last there 4 years ago on a school trip and it was so good to be back. There were so many streets I walked down and felt like no time had passed at all.

The sore feet explains the socks. It's not really my favourite look but my poor toes were killing me so socks were a necessary evil. I feel like this look is half schoolgirl, half grandpa. I bought this skirt while I was in America after wanting a tennis skirt for the past few months. Special tennis fashion inspiration lately is coming from the Rich White Ladies' music video for 'Wimbledon'. I can't get over how good they look. Berlin was absurdly hot so I took it as an opportunity to wear some of my shortest skirts, since they'll definitely go into retirement for some weeks while I'm at work. Forever the opportunist.

2 comments:

  1. I visited Berlin in March and it's such a wonderful city! Can't wait to see your blogpost about it and reminisce! This outfit is so nice! I've been eying up those shoes in river island for ages, especially in white!
    wonderfullyobsessed.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the outfit :) Barely noticed the socks :)
    Hayley
    Water Painted Dreams xo

    ReplyDelete