Tuesday 30 September 2014

OUTFIT | #238

shirt, jeans: Topshop; shoes: Converse; watch: Casio

I worked 12 days straight recently and when I finally got a day off, I wanted to wear clothes as far removed from from workwear as possible. I have risked jeans a few times at the office - always very black so they could be mistaken for tight trousers unless inspected closely. But mom jeans are probably pushing it. I was running errands all day in town, on an unseasonably warm day, and they seemed like the perfect day off option. The Topshop variety are incredibly soft and comfortable; sometimes I wear them around the house in lieu of joggers.

This outfit was inspired by a particularly well-dressed girl I saw walking around the campus I work on the other day. She wore an oversized plain white shirt (sadly I don't own one of these, which seems like a sartorial oversight if ever I had one) with baggy mom jeans and loafers. My loafers aren't quite comfortable enough for a day of running around so this is more loosely inspired by her. I love seeing well-dressed women and making a mental note of what they're wearing for later inspiration. People's personal style, when they're just wandering about living their lives, is my favourite place to get some wardrobe inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment